Wondering how to keep on top of all the #TEFL blog posts??




Follow @BloggersELT on Twitter


Become a Fan of BloggersELT on Facebook


Read through the archived posts and tweets on Delicious


That's how!



This feed includes blogs about all issues involved in the practice of English Language Teaching including Teaching with Technology, Business English, Young Learners, General & much, much more and also includes (for the bloggers) tips on blogging.

Reasons your English Language Teaching blogs may not be feeding in:
  • the majority of your work is plagiarized
  • the majority of your posts are just embeded videos or mentions of other people's work
  • your blog isn't actually about English Language Teaching
  • you've just started, i.e. you've only one or two posts up (when I first checked)
  • your blog's only about you/ your personal or professional life and it serves no real purpose to ELT :-)
however being completely human... it is possible that I have not managed to feed in your blog because I typed in the wrong address or I completely bypassed on the fact you now have a new address or  that you got serious about blogging and write loads of post all the time... or I completely forgot to do it the day I found your blog or despite the fact we've been connected forever I  simply didn't notice that you were/ have now become a blogger(!) so hmm,  if any of those is the case, please don't hesitate to write and let me know (see email on the side or DM me on Twitter/Facebook). :-)

Karenne

p.s. I also try to feed in older blog posts from some of the best blogs - hashtage #fromhisarchives etc however have got seriously behind on this task, if you'd like to help with this and /or  have a good idea on how to do it efficiently (after all, these excellent articles shouldn't just disappear into the netherspere, then do let me know!)


9 Responses to “Wondering how to keep on top of all the #TEFL blog posts??”

  • Adam says:
    January 20, 2011

    I like Bloggers ELT because it fills me with a nice wram feeling when I get retweeted. This feeling is doubly good because I've got a wordpress plug-in that publishes tweets mentioning my blog posts as comments.

    I love Bloggers ELT, so should you.

  • KALINAGO ENGLISH says:
    January 20, 2011

    You are too cute! Warm and fuzzies to you. I wanna comment on your motivation post by the way, that was cracking and really useful for some research am doing, it's still on an open tab - I shall get there!

  • Adam says:
    January 20, 2011

    'Dört gözle bekliyorum' as we say in Turkish ('I'm waiting with four eyes', much nicer than 'I eagerly await' in my opinion).

    Do you still ave trouble reading my blog? I seem to remember you mentioning it previously.

    I should also mention to all those reading these comments that Bloggers ELT is also undoubtedly the easiest way for me to catch up on what many, many other inspirational ELTers are writing about.

    So... say thank you, all of you!!!!!!!! (yes, that's an excessive number of exclamations, but justified).

  • David Deubelbeiss says:
    January 20, 2011

    Karenne,

    Kudos to you for helping build community so much! I appreciate all your mentions of whatever few humble resources and words I offer. I'm sure many others do also....

    Like you - I also try but with undulating energy. It isn't easy.... So I sympathize.

    Don't forget the Random ELT blog generator - it's still kicking and adding some synchronicity into the mix.

  • Mike Harrison says:
    January 20, 2011

    Impressed to say the very least. I have no idea how you coordinate all this, Karenne. And the fillip it gives all us bloggers in ELT is immense. I feel like I'm treading baby steps with my dallying with twitterfeed and selective tweets posting to Facebook. That's about all I can handle at the moment!

    Does this mean stepping up a gear with the BELTfree Page on Facebook?

  • Vicki Hollett says:
    January 21, 2011

    Wow! This must have been a lot of work but what a terrific resource for us all. Everything pulled into one spot for us. Thank you Karenne!

  • Bruno Andrade says:
    January 25, 2011

    Bloggers ELT keeps me posted on things I reall find important.
    Many times we cyber-wander through tons of blogs and never find sth interesting. With Bloggers ELT, English teachers will find invaluable resources for their daily practices.
    Thank you for all this!

  • KALINAGO ENGLISH says:
    January 25, 2011

    Thank you David, you're right - forgot about the generator, will add it as a link at the bottom! And right back to you, you're an amazing community developer, am always wowed by what you do.

    Mike - we have to talk about the FB page, it'll be such a great resource, running off my feet at the moment but thank you for the reminder!
    Ooh, and did a post on how I manage all this, as tisn't as much work as it looks... well, it is in the set-up but once things are ticking over, they happen automatically.

    Ta, Vicki and Bruno, am very glad it's useful!

    Karenne

  • Anne Hodgson says:
    January 31, 2011

    Hi David,
    I took the Random ELT blog generator off my site because it just goes here - and what does that give the reader? http://eflclassroom.com/randomgenerator/randomeltblog.html
    Anne

 

Visitors and Regular Readers

Facebook

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed

Communities of Practice

Directories, catalogs and Back Links

Adult Blogs - Blog Catalog Blog Directory Add to Technorati Favorites



The EFL ESL Blog List TotalESL.com - ESL/EFL/TEFL Teaching Jobs and Teacher Resumes

International Blogging Directory

Recent Posts

Simply Conversations

Pedagogically sound materials designed to get your students actively talking:

Free Samples
Conversation Control

Shop
General English
Business English
ESP



Learn more on why these work